Do you enjoy developing ways to communicate the importance of mental health for emergency responders and researching training and learning opportunities in this area for fellow members? We are seeking members to help coordinate the mental health programs in the Association. You will also be able to provide the Association and its members with current and up-to-date information on mental health training and support options. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a group of enthusiastic members working with the Board of Directors and for fellow volunteers.
Mental Health Program Coordinators are grassroots volunteers who work remotely to help identify and support mental health training and support for NSW SES Volunteers. Their knowledge of existing external (Government and non-Government) opportunities and programs and how they can work with NSW SES volunteers gives them the tools to answer inquiries about support to help achieve our mission of supporting our volunteers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide regular reports to the Board of Directors
- Build a relationship with NSW SES members and the Association
- Work with the Association’s Member Services area to develop and roll out mental health support programs
- Educate Association members about what the Association is doing and how it can support them
- Work with the magazine coordinator by providing content for publication in our quarterly magazine on recognition
- Inform the office of work status
Skills and Experience
- Communicate effectively in a friendly manner
- Ability to create rapport and be proactive and passionate about the mission of the Volunteers Association
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism
- Delivery of reports within required time frames
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to use computers for the purpose of receiving and responding to emails, preparation of Membership report
- Ability to speak in alignment with the Volunteers Association’s mission and brand
-You will be part of a state-wide team committed to providing a positive and supportive volunteering experience.
-Participation in Mental Health Training
It is anticipated that the time commitment would be approximately 6hrs per month.
Mental Health Program Coordinators can expect attendance at quarterly update conference calls and preparation of reports for the Board of Directors (meetings currently scheduled every two months).